Monday, May 26, 2008

Take 4 TV: Cold Feet, Season 1

Cold Feet, Season 1 (1997)
The Basics: Award-winning British comedy-drama that revolves around the lives of three couples of friends, as they deal with dating, marriage, children…and all the other complications that come with relationships today. Think of it as a more serious (and more British) Friends.

And I Quote: Rachel: “He told me that he loved me by shoving a rose up his bottom.” Adam: “Roses. Don't talk to me about roses - big painful, thorny roses. I'm the world's first human vase.”

Top IMDB Plot Keywords: Couple; Friend; Lover; Men

Random Trivia: Over the course of its run (1997-2003), it won fifteen major television awards, and was nominated for an additional nineteen.

Curt’s Take: Worth Considering – I’d say it’s definitely worth checking out the pilot episode and maybe an additional episode (three DVDs total). But if you try to sit through the entire first season over a couple days (six episodes, in addition to the pilot) like I did, you’ll likely grow tired of it pretty quickly. Still…it’s written well, you grow close to the characters, and I even laughed out loud at several points. So check out an episode or two. Given that, though, I currently don’t have any plans to catch future seasons. It was good…but I’ve moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home