Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mystery Theme Review #2: Results!

A couple reviews back, I presented another Take 4 Mystery Review challenge. In that review, I presented four films, and asked readers to write in with guesses about what theme tied the movies together. There were quite a few responses, and we ended up with eleven correct answers.

To refresh you memory, the four movies were Lady in the Water, A Mighty Wind, Brick, and Matchstick Men. The correct answer? Each of the four movies corresponded to one of the traditional four elements: water, air, earth or fire. My next challenge, though, was to narrow the field of eleven correct responses down to four winners. The participants engaged in four grueling rounds of trivia, with one winner crowned at the conclusion of each round. The questions had the challengers guessing how many films were in my Netflix list, how long I'd been a member, how many themed "groupings" of DVDs I had prepared and ready to go in my rental list, and a final, mind-ripping question involving my rental history, television shows, and some basic math.

In the end, four winners emerged: Eric Reid (of Kansas); Matt Persons (of Chicago); Justin Anderson (of North Carolina); and Ryan Greenwood (of North Hollywood). These winners will get to choose a DVD title for me to review at some point down the road. To the rest of you, keep your eyes peeled for more mystery-themed reviews!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home